Veggie Burgers are my current culinary inspiration. I have tried variants of vegetable burgers made of legumes such are those with black beans and soya. Recently, I enjoy preparing veggie burgers made of chickpeas and potatoes. They are easy to make, tasty and not to mention much healthier than non-veggie burgers. Also, they are in line with my current urge to be a good girl and prepare only healthy foods. Yay to me!
Cooking healthy food is not complicated as many people think. For these chickpea veggie burgers, it is not necessary to go to the supermarket and empty your wallet. Most probably, all the ingredients you have at home.
I do not understand the recipes on the internet where it is sometimes impossible to find all the ingredients required in the recipe. Hey chef, if I need a scaly from a “three-headed dragon” and a feather of a “bird of paradise” to prepare the recipe, i won’t even bother to read it! Easy and simple – this is my motto while cooking. Also, prepared with love and for the people I love.
Chickpea veggie burgers are perfect for those who are on a special diet or simply love combinations of vegetables and legumes. The mentioned spices are a must for this type of burger, to achieve the authentic taste. When it comes to add-ons you have more freedom. I love veggie chickpea burgers with guacamole sauce, which recipe follows below. You can also choose your favorite type of burger buns – multigrain or made of white flour.
- 500 g cooked chickpeas
- 1-2 medium-size potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot
- 50-100 g oat flour
- bread crumbs
Spice it up, baby!
- Half tsp of cumin powder
- ½ tsp of ground coriander
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt, pepper
- Olive oil
1. You can buy raw chickpeas or use those in cans. I prefer raw chickpeas because canned food is mostly full of harmful substances. If you choose the raw version, keep in mind that it takes about 2-3 hours to cook well, so plan your time, accordingly.
2. Place cooked chickpeas, garlic and parsley in the blender, and briefly pulverize the mass, ensuring that it remains rustic. Rend the carrots and potatoes.
3. In a larger bowl, put the mixture of legumes, carrots, potatoes, carrots, spices, and oat flour. Shape burgers of the desired size, ensuring they are not too big, nor small. If the mass is sparse, you can add bread crumbs.
4. Fry the burgers over medium heat in a non-stick pan, with a little bit of oil. If necessary, pour in more oil during baking as the burgers will absorb it quickly. When they get nice, brown color on both sides, place them on a kitchen towel to drain from excess oil.
The next thing you need to do is to prepare appetizing guacamole sauce.
• 1 avocado
• ½ purple onion
• 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
• pinch of chili flakes
Make guacamole just before serving so it does not oxidize. Remove the seed from the avocado, then grind the avocado with a fork and place in a bowl. Add finely chopped onion, chili flakes, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
To decorate chickpeas burgers you can use:
- Purple onions
- Roman Lettuce
- Cheddar cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Burger buns
- Black sesame
Cut the buns in half, place lettuce leaves, tomato sliced on rings, purple onions, burger, cheese, guacamole sauce, and spread with 2 spoons of Greek yogurt. Serve with cheese nuggets or fries and Greek yogurt.
Now you just need to enjoy this healthy and flavorful meal!
Check out also my post with smoothie bowl recipes to start a healthy day for more “healthy recipes” inspiration! 🙂