Healthy breakfast – great and simple ideas!
Proponents of healthy eating know how much nutrition is important for our health, appearance, skin. On the other hand, there is a child inside every one of us who can’t resist cookies, pastries, and pancakes. All of these treats are usually made from a lot of fat, sugar and white flour that is not good for us. How to resist this urge for the sweet? At the end of the day, we should not restrict the food we love, right? It’s possible to make original recipes from healthy ingredients without sacrificing the taste. Healthy breakfast recipes listed below are made of high nutritional value components, easy to make and it will satisfy your urge for sweet!
Sweet potato+caroot+banana cake = why not?
You have never tried this healthy breakfast idea. It’s perfect for vegetarians, sugar-free and delicious!
- 200 g sweet potatoes,
- 200 g planed carrots,
- 100 g dates,
- 1 ripe banana,
- 300 g oatmeal,
- 2 eggs,
- 1 cup of milk (or almond milk),
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil,
- 1 tbsp cinnamon.
Method: 1. First, you need to soften the potatoes. Place them in the baking pan, sprinkle a little bit of oil and put in the oven. Bake for about 30-45 minutes. When it’s over, take it out of the oven and let it cool down. This recipe is very practical since you can use potatoes from previous meals. Carrots can be softened by boiling for about 15 minutes or in a blender. Put the dates in hot water for about 20 minutes to soften, so it will be easier for you to remove seeds.
2. Place the sweet potatoes together with the carrots, dates, and banana into your blender and blend to get a thick mass.
3. The next step is to create a cake base. You will do this by whisking the eggs till you get the foam then add some baking powder. Gradually, add oil and continue whisking. Finally, add cinnamon. When the mass is firmly mixed, add a previously made mass of sweet potatoes, banana, dates and carrots. Whisk everything together for a few minutes and pour everything into the baking dish. Leave to bake for about 30 – 4Ominutes at about 220 degrees. Serve with whipped cream and fruits on the top.
Why is good?
According to nutritional composition, oats are one of the most complete types of foods. In addition to supplying the body with energy, it contains vitamins E, B5, and B6, as well as minerals, iron, selenium, manganese, and copper. It’s very effective in regulating digestion as well as stabilizing the sugar level. That is why oats are part of every diet.
Healthy breakfast idea – Soft and melting crepes!
Who doesn’t like soft, juicy and melting in the mouth crepe? I thought that healthy crepes can’t be like the classic ones. I decided to give a chance to this healthy breakfast recipe. I didn’t regret it.
You will need:
- 2 eggs,
- 150 millilitres almond milk,
- 100 ml of sparkling water,
- 100 g oatmeal,
- 2 tbsp coconut oil,
- 1 tbsp cinnamon,
- 2-3 tbsp honey or stevia,
- ½ teaspoon baking powder.
1. Whisk the eggs till you get the foam than pour gradually milk and sparkling water. Add the honey and cinnamon and continue stirring. You can add some coconut oil but it’s not necessary. In the end, join with oatmeal. Leave the mixture to sit for about 15 minutes. If you do not have the right oatmeal, you can make it from the oat flakes which you will blend into the mill. It comes with almost every blender such as Nutribullet.
2. Bake the (crepe) pancakes in a non-stick pan with very little oil. As a filling, I like using peanut butter, honey, and bananas, but you can use whatever you like.
This recipe you can upgrade by adding some cocoa, vanilla… The choice is unlimited. Play without the bother of conscience, taking care of your health. It can not be better.
Why you should try this healthy breakfast recipe?
These pancakes are great for those who try to lose weight, athletes, those who try to raise immunity or simply for those who like to try something new.
Due to the composition of the carbohydrates, it will slowly digest so you won’t be hungry longer time. As a result, you will have a more balanced and long-lasting energy supply. Banana and peanut butter have proteins, which is a great addition to a vegan balanced diet.
The recipe is a classic one and I’m sure favourite to every person who takes care of health. The healthiest version of oatmeal is traditional rolled oat flakes because they have not been processed. It’s better to consume them instead of cornflakes or muesli where is reduced nutritional value.
- 50 g oatmeal,
- 2 eggs,
- 200 g water or milk Greek yoghurt,
- 2 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp honey or stevia,
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon,
- fruits as per your choice.
Way of preparation: 1. Put the oats in a saucepan, pour in the milk or water and sprinkle a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring from time to time and watching carefully that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Or you can try this in a microwave. Mix the oats, milk or water and a pinch of salt in a large microwave-proof bowl, then microwave on High for 5 minutes. Leave to stand for 5-10 minutes before eating.
2. Serve in the bowl, mix yoghurt and honey and pinch of cinnamon. On the top, you can put strawberry, bananas and sesame seeds as I did here. And voila – healthy and delicious breakfast idea as a great start of the day!
Healthy breakfast is the most important meal during the day and it should make us saturated. It provides energy and recharges the batteries to make it easier for us to spend the day. There is no excuse for skipping. On days, when you don’t have time to prepare all these recipes you can check out my post Healthy smoothie recipes that are crazy good for more healthy breakfast ideas. Let me know which one is your favourite!